Linn Dara Community School Transition Programme
The Linn Dara School Transition Programme has been operating since November 2015, as part of an Erasmus + project. From January 2017, the City of Dublin Education & Training Board (CDETB) has funded the programme.
Transition Programme 2021M
The QQI Level 4 cohort starting in September 2021 (for young people age 16 to 18) will again have the opportunity to complete the full QQI Level 4 award. On completion, the award will allow pupils to be eligible to access Post Leaving Certificate (PLC) courses on graduation when results are published in mid-June 2022.
The programme is available to young people aged between 16 and 18 years old. Applicants must be attending a CAMHS service and be referred by their CAMHS team. As the programme is funded by City of Dublin ETB, we accept referrals from all CAMHS areas within commutable distance.
Once the young people are out of school, are attending (and referred by) CAMHS, are able to travel to the centre and are willing to engage with the programme, then they are placed on a waiting list on a first come basis. Young people will be timetabled to attend every day:
Mondays & Tuesdays 9.30am – 2.30pm
Wednesdays 9.30am – 12.45pm
Thursdays & Fridays 9.30am – 2.30pm
The programme is suited to young people who are experiencing difficulties at school due to their mental health, which may be leading to social challenges, or the risk of educational disengagement. The primary aim of the programme is to support young people with mental health difficulties back into education. The main focus of the programme is to support transition to school or an alternative education setting.
The programme content will include:
- QQI Level 4
- Communications, Maths, Digital Media, Teamworking, IT and Work Experience.
- Art, Physical Education, Careers and Horticulture are also offered as part of the weekly timetable.
- SPHE sessions.
- Liaising with educational placements.
The transition programme is a group, activity based, part time programme that aims to:
- Re-engage students in a positive learning environment by providing an academic, social skills and activity based program.
- Enhance personal development.
- Promote personal skills.
- Provide learners with the opportunity to gain certification at QQI Level 4.
- The focus of the programme is on improving life skills, goal setting and building skills and confidence of the participants. During the programme, the teachers work closely with each young person to build resilience and skills to facilitate social and educational success. The Linn Dara Community School Transition Programme endeavours to establish appropriate pathways back to education by linking in with students’ regular school or prospective alternative placements.
“I loved being on The Transition Programme, my life changed so much since, I made loads of new friends and taken steps towards my future”.
“Although it was difficult at first I settled in and had loads of fun”.
“I had a great experience on the Transition Programme and it has given me a second chance in Education”.
“I have had a very positive experience on The Transition Programme, the teachers were extremely nice and very supportive”.
Mr. Cyril Nolan
(01) 795 6491
(085) 822 6876
Ms. Pauline Gallagher
(085) 754 1679
Referrals can only be accepted from CAMHS teams and we require a designated link person for the duration of the placement. It is also a condition of enrolment that young people are attending their CAMHS appointments while enrolled with us.